Notable WordPress Users
You’re in good company if you use WordPress to publish on the web. Here’s a sampler of well-known sites that are powered by WordPress. Want a blog like this yourself? Signup for WordPress.com; it takes 30 seconds.
- The New York Times’ blogs cover everything imaginable, ranging from arts to economics.
- CNN hosts blogs for their many on-air personalities including Anderson Cooper and Dr. Sanjay Gupta.
- Forbes is a leading source for reliable business news and financial information.
- Reuters’ blogs deliver critical news to decision makers, powered by the world’s most trusted news organization.
- Maclean’s enlightens readers with investigative reporting and exclusive stories from leading journalists.
- Billed as “the world’s greatest neurozine,” the editors at Boing Boing write about technology, science, culture, and much more.
- I Can Has Cheezburger brings the LOLs daily with their network of sites devoted to funny memes.
- Jeff Jarvis, creator of Entertainment Weekly, writes about the future of publishing at BuzzMachine.
- Laughing Squid is both a cloud-based web hosting company and a popular blog featuring art, culture, & technology.
- Mashable covers entertainment, technology, gadgets, and the web with a focus on social media.
- The Rolling Stones’ website (“the World’s Greatest Rock ‘N’ Roll Band”) including a complete discography and videos.
- LifeandTimes.com is curated by Jay-Z and covers a wide range of the artist’s interests.
- Katy Perry is an American singer and songwriter. Her site offers videos, lyrics, ringtones, & more.
- Lollapalooza is an annual music festival featuring heavy metal, alternative, punk and hip hop.
- MP3.com features over 1 million tracks, artist profiles, photos, videos, and new music daily.
- Kineda is the definitive fashion and lifestyle web destination for today’s trendsetting young adults.
- Modelinia is the first entertainment web destination dedicated to the life of the Supermodel.
- The ultimate guide to the hottest celebrity fashion and beauty looks from the editors of PEOPLE.
- Hypebeast is a lifestyle magazine that features the latest in men’s fashion, art, design and music.
- ELLE Girl is the teen-focused blog run by ELLE Magazine, the number one fashion magazine in the world.
- AllThingsD is the home of technology writers like Walt Mossberg, Kara Swisher, and John Paczkoswsi.
- Om Malik’s GigaOm covers the ins and outs of Silicon Valley with a network of WordPress blogs.
- TechCrunch is a blog about technology start-ups and is one of the top technology blogs on the web.
- Technologizer is reviews, news, and opinion about personal technology by Harry McCracken & friends.
- 9to5mac publishes the latest news and rumors about the Mac and iOS devices.
- FiveThirtyEight is a blog dedicated to political polling written by Nate Silver.
- TIME’s Swampland offers political insight from the Beltway and beyond.
- RealClearPolitics offers news, political opinion and commentary, and the political issues of the day.
- Wonkette details the goings-on of the political establishment in Washington, DC and the U.S.
- Political Ticker brings the latest political news and campaign coverage from CNN’s Best Political Team.
Fortune 500 Companies
- GM’s FastLane blog is a forum for GM executives to talk about GM’s current and future products and services.
- UPS’ Upside shares personal insights and perspective about the world’s largest transportation company.
- eBay Ink is your official source for information, opinion and perspective on eBay, Inc.
- PlayStation.Blog is where the people who create the PlayStation experience meet gamers & fans directly.
- VW’s Think Blue is the philosophy behind VW’s environmentally friendly, high performance cars.
The biggest sites in the world rely on WordPress.com VIP for enterprise WordPress support, training, and hosting.