Tags » 1983 Mercedes-Benz 280TE

Next steps in my 280TE project

The underside and the engine bay is now more or less finished. I will probably continue the main parts of this project next year. I am eager to start working on something else for a while. 383 more words

Mercedes

Final ride height

After rolling the fender flares, I decided that the ride height was way too low with the H&R springs. So I decided to use the original springs instead, but shorten them one cm to get the car two cm lower than it was before this whole project started. 59 more words

Mercedes

Rolling the fender flares

When I got the car back on the wheels, the tires was almost touching the fender flares. I tried driving the car, but the front tires where rubbing against the fenders all the time, so the car was undrivable. 212 more words

Mercedes

Some new hoses

Two hoses needed to be reneved on my car. The first was the hose for the oil pressure gauge. On my car, this was a custom made solution with a nylon hose going from the oil filter to the gauge in the instrument cluster. 154 more words

Mercedes

The coils and their final position

This is what the engine looks like with the coils in their final position, with all the wires connected

Posted with Blogsy

Mercedes

Engine started for the first time

Connected everything to have a go at starting the car. This is my second attempt at starting. On the first attempt, I got no ignition. I turned around the cables from the VR sensor and tried again. This is the result:

1983 Mercedes-Benz 280TE

Making new ignition wires

Since I want to use an EDIS-8 igintion, my origional Mercedes-Benz ignition wires does not fit on the EDIS coils. There was several options here. I could go to a scrapyard and try to salvage 8 wires from different Fords, if there was any cars with the correct wires there… 73 more words

Mercedes