Tags » Bisque

Hale and Hearty Soups

When you hear “lunch food,” what do you think of? My guess is that 80% of you will think of sandwiches, and then maybe the other 20% will think soup or salad.  369 more words

|american|

Hokkaido Crab Bisque

Soup Stock Tokyo is apparently a Japanese chain restaurant selling freshly made soups and curries.
Being the fan of bisque that I am, that is what I ordered, along with a small loaf of soft chewy bread called ciabatta. 65 more words

Food

Kiln and Glaze Inductions

Due to the amount of ceramic work I have been doing on the wheel, I wanted to learn how to glaze my work and fire my work in the kilns, so I signed up to a glaze and kiln induction. 468 more words

Subject

Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Bisque For

Bisque porcelain is also widely known as “biscuit ware”, unglazed ware and more popularly as “parian” ware. All bisque or parian porcelain is unglazed and in Victorian times was admired for its sculptural qualities. 290 more words

Christmas Firings

Of the pots I’ve thrown in the past few months, about thirty survived.  A fair amount flopped on the wheel, leaving me with 10kg of clay to reclaim and use again – that’s a third of the clay I bought.   460 more words

Clay

Chili Butternut Bisque

A warming, good-for-the-soul twist on your average butternut squash soup.

1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cubed
1 onion, lightly chopped
3 cloves garlic
6 cups stock, water, or combination of both… 126 more words

Vegan

Thrown bowl

I threw a bowl. Not the best bowl ever but throwing isn’t my strongpoint.

Ceramics