Tags » Child Support

$23,000 Child Support Arrearage Unaffected by DNA Test Disestablishing Paternity: Purdy v. Smith

Facts: Mother gave birth to Child in 2009.

The following year, the State of Tennessee, acting on Mother’s behalf, filed a petition against Alleged Father to establish… 708 more words

Family Law

Recovering from abuse and rebuilding self-love

As a recovering abuse victim, I remember how very difficult it was to learn to love myself again. When you have been physically and/or emotionally abused, abandoned, cheated on, lied to, or broken by a person you love and trust, it is hard to learn to love yourself let alone another person again.  617 more words


Those that support me and my dream to help others ...

If you have followed my blog, you are likely aware of my new book project that is based on the broken and discouraged. To support this project I chose a number of resources to promote it and earn funds to support the production of it.   87 more words


When Can a Parent Expect to Stop Paying Child Support?

Although California’s Department of Child Support Services (DCSS) is usually strictly thought of as an enforcer of court orders outlining child support payments, DCSS does much more than that to help parents and guardians. 553 more words


Why can’t women and men be friends?

Is it really impossible for a woman and man to be friends?

Perhaps I am naive but, I don’t understand why a woman and a man cannot be platonic friends. 173 more words

Sharing And Encouraging

Remove my insecurities by Sonya McKinzie

When I am near you,

I feel as if I am in the presence of a stranger,

Your words cut deep,

When you look at me, 163 more words

Sharing And Encouraging