Tags » Classic Motorcycle

Cylinder head modification.

This week things are very nearly ready for reassembly and I now just have a small batch of parts left to paint.

Since my last post I have mainly been working on the cylinder head modification and mudguards. 492 more words

British Bikes

Foot controls.

I’ve fitted the footrests and foot controls for the rear brake and gear change. Rhino has the brake on the left and the gear change on the right. 1,046 more words

Classic Motorcycle

Exhaust, carbs 'n' other stuff.

I didn’t realise how long it’s been since I posted something. It doesn’t feel like I’ve mad much progress but visits to the fettling shed have been frequent and it turns out I’ve done more than I thought. 1,242 more words

Classic Motorcycle

Swingarm, drivebox and shiny shocks.

Back so soon!

My next job was to fit the universal joint in the bearing in the swingarm.

Guzzi UJs are expensive. I was surprised to find that this one was still in good serviceable condition. 925 more words

Classic Motorcycle

Honda RC166

Another lash at sketching on the Wacom. This is less “sketch” and more drafting as I used the “ellipse plotting” tools pretty extensively here given the fact it’s a side view. 40 more words

Front forks and getting ready for chrome.

Front forks.

I’m chopping and changing a bit but I’ve now rebuilt the front forks. The fork springs on these old Guzzis are very soft so I’ve invested in some progressive rate springs to see if this improves things. 1,861 more words

Classic Motorcycle