On my journey to San Pedro, Laguna, Philippines on 29 August 2013 I was about to meet the “Los Pintados” artist, Ramiro M. Abayon. I was surprised that art is still alive on him. 239 more words
The group spent seven says in one of the areas that was hardest hit.
They performed more than 50 life-saving operations — each day. The group has made headlines around the world for performing virtual miracles and a large number of C-sections in unsanitary, awful conditions.
The group went to provide aid, assistance, medical help, advice as well as help out with large triage units trying to keep casualties to a minimum.
For more information about the group, click here.
- Group Of Health Professionals From Mammoth Among First To Aid Typhoon-Stricken Philippines (losangeles.cbslocal.com)
- Samsung offers $1 million in aid to typhoon-stricken Philippines, company says - @YonhapNews (english.yonhapnews.co.kr)
- Mammoth U.S. Navy ships arrive in the Philippines to help typhoon victims (edition.cnn.com)
- Philippines aid scandal: Food flown in from Britain ends up in shops hundreds of miles from typhoon (deadcitizensrightssociety.wordpress.com)
- Philippines typhoon: US aid efforts begin focusing on recovery - Los Angeles Times (November 26, 2013 at 08:03PM) (weatherngayon.wordpress.com)
- McNally Bottle Drive for Typhoon "Haiyan" Victims is a GO! (tigmag.wordpress.com)
- Australia pledges more aid to Philippines (news.smh.com.au)
- Typhoon Haiyan: Toronto woman seeks to help her stricken family in Tacloban (thestar.com)
- Local Groups Rush To Help Those In The Philippines (baltimore.cbslocal.com)
- Typhoon Haiyan: Toronto woman seeks to help her stricken family in Tacloban (metronews.ca)