Tags » Fire Safety

Spring cold snap is more than a nuisance, it's a fire hazard.

The current spring cold snap is proving to be far more than just a nuisance. It’s proving to be downright dangerous. The cold temperatures reinforces the direct correlation between cold temperatures and the rate of home fires. 521 more words

American Red Cross

Red Cross, Cleveland Fire and TCP fire safety program at Asia Plaza was a great success!

The Red Cross, along with Cleveland Fire and volunteers from TCP hosted a fire safety program at Asia Plaza in Cleveland on Saturday, April 12. The program provided an educational presentation on smoke alarm battery installation and other fire safety information. 102 more words

Asia Plaza

Firefighters and fire safety

As we move along with our community helpers unit we learned about firefighters and watched a Mr. Rogers Neighborhood video that showed us about firefighters.  We also learned that not only do firefighters help put out fires, we also learned that they teach us about fire safety.   29 more words

Kindergarten

Beginner Fire, Wednesdays, May 14, Just added!

Course Overview

This is a four week course presents extensive fire poi safety information and focuses on students becoming familiar with burning fire poi comfortably and safely. 929 more words

Classes

Product Reco: The Best Flameless Candles

Something as simple as a traditional wick-burning candle can be difficult and dangerous for seniors to use.  Luckily there are all types of battery-operated or “flameless” candles on the market.   161 more words

Product Recommendations

Keokea Gulch Gets Cleaned Up to Celebrate Earth Day

Earth Day is observed internationally. It is a day to give back to Mother Nature and celebrate what she gives us so generously. The Waimahaihai District Neighborhood Association along with business partners on Maui, is planning to help out by having a “Clean The Ravine” event on Saturday, April 26th, from 8:00am till noon to pull out the rogue Foodland shpping cards, the occasional styrofoam cooler and anything else that is man-made in the Keokea Gulch that traverses the Waimahaihai District from the mountain almost to South Kihei Road. 356 more words

Events

Preventing Carbon Monoxide Poisoning After an Emergency

Generators, grills, camp stoves, or other gasoline, propane, natural gas, or charcoal-burning devices should never be used inside a home, basement, garage, or camper – or even outside near an open window. 402 more words

Emergency Preparedness