Tags » Fiscal Cliff

Here's How Much You Need To Make To Be In The Top 1% In Your State

By ANDY KIERSZ

The nature of income inequality in the US and elsewhere is one of the biggest questions in contemporary economics and politics, with the Occupy Wall Street movement popularizing the division between the top 1% and the remaining 99% of earners. 12 more words

Politics

Why is the economy now recovering faster?

Many ask themselves this question every day. It seems that the economy is starting to turn around but appears to be sluggish or slowly improving. I believe there are a few components that are causing a seemingly slow recovery. 219 more words

The Mortgage Blog

"Sniveling Little Children": Boehner Laments 'Knuckleheads' Within House GOP

Once in a while, House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) sounds like a man who isn’t entirely fond of his ostensible followers.

Speaker John Boehner said that he’s got a “few knuckleheads” to deal with, and that’s largely why the Republican majority in the House looks good on paper but doesn’t always pan out with votes. 430 more words

GOP

Poor Face Most Pain As Automatic Budget Cuts Take Effect ...

The $85 billion in automatic cuts working their way through the federal budget spare many programs that aid the poorest and most vulnerable Americans, including the Children’s Health Insurance Program and food stamps.

Read More

Homeless

Speaker(s): Stephen L. Dobrow    

Stephen L. Dobrow, ERPA, APA, CPC is president of Primark Benefits and is a frequent speaker and teacher. A San Francisco native, Stephen entered the retirement field in 1976 and has led Primark Benefits since 1990. 178 more words

National Association For Business Economics

A decade of slow growth?

By Fareed Zakaria

From: Cnn.com:
Every year at Davos, people like me try to get a sense of the mood of the place, take the temperature of people in this frosty mountain resort. 51 more words

Entertainment