HAZLETON – Firefighters say six people were treated for carbon monoxide poisoning when a plugged flue and chimney forced toxic fumes into a double-family apartment building Wednesday night. 348 more words
Tags » Hazleton
HAZLETON — Thursday night, Hazleton City Council voted three to two to approve a controversial storm water fee for property owners in the city.
The city’s mayor was not at the meeting, but said the fee will prevent layoffs of city workers, by closing a budget shortfall of about half a million dollars. 228 more words
HAZLETON — A mother and daughter had to be rescued from their burning home in Hazleton. They’re now in the hospital being treated for smoke inhalation. 291 more words