Tags » RetroChallenge

Retrochallenge 2014 Wrap-up

So this is the end. The Retrochallenge is over and I couldn’t meet the deadline with a complete working game as I planned and promised. 271 more words

Programming

Retrochallenge Accomplished!

It’s taken a couple of days of hard work, but I’m pleased to report that my Retrochallenge project – creating a character editor for the classic C64 RPG Questron, is completed.  391 more words

Retrocomputing

We'll call it "QuestronEd"

Just a quick update today to show that I’ve started work on the actual Questron character editor program.  I wanted the editor to run on an actual C64, which means taking the ideas I’ve been prototyping in Python and translating them into something else.  200 more words

Retrocomputing

Decoding BASIC variables

After I figured out that the save game files in Questron were memory dumps of the BASIC variables section, I had to find out how to interpret that data.  1,107 more words

Retrocomputing