Tags » St Modwen

Burton Upon Trent: St Modwen's Church

Located on Guild Street is the church of St Modwen. Occupying the site of the former Benedictine Abbey founded in 1002, the church overlooks the central market place in Burton. 160 more words

Ecclesiastical Architecture

Burton Upon Trent: Friars Walk School

Located on Friars Walk in Burton Upon Trent is the site of the school which replaced the 16th century Grammar school. An inscription on the building dates the school from 1834 which at the time, consisted of one classroom, a dwelling and a stable. 84 more words

19th Century Architecture