Tags » Standardized Tests » Page 2

IQ test and cutting a pie

Today I followed a thread on IQ tests on a friend’s Facebook timeline. I’ve never taken an IQ test – nor I’m interested in taking one. 446 more words

Words

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

When did standardized tests become so prevalent in the current education system? How can one test determine how successful one can be? 

What are you supposed to do if you would like to go to college after high school? 289 more words

What Happened to Learning?

I read a great article today. It’s part of the discussion the National Geographic magazine is hosting this year that explores food, specifically looking at the future of our food and where it comes from. 581 more words

Race in the Classroom

“Race is a social construct.” That’s one of the first things you learn in any Sociology 101 class. Like so many other life lessons, I didn’t totally understand it until I worked with kids. 1,118 more words

Children

Cheating

In the 1880s, one of America’s first sports heroes, Mike “King” Kelly was notorious for playing on the edges of the rules in the game of baseball. 503 more words

Education Policy

He Who Controls The Language...

‘I don’t know what you mean by “glory,”‘ Alice said.

Humpty Dumpty smiled contemptuously. ‘Of course you don’t—till I tell you. I meant “there’s a nice knock-down argument for you!”‘ 2,128 more words

Parents Either Hate Common Core or Love It. Where Most Special Needs Parents Fit. #netde #eduDE

I would say based on feedback through this blog, Facebook, and Twitter, 90% of parents of special needs loathe and despise Common Core. The other 10%, they love it. 284 more words

Common Core