Tags » Standards
- A teacher participates in and contributes to the teaching profession.
A teacher should always adhere to the Alaska Code of Ethics and Teaching Standards, set and reflect upon professional goals, pursuing opportunities for professional development, working together with colleagues and administrators (and anyone else in the building), and seek out feedback from other professionals like your principal to consider as you try to improve your teaching practice. 351 more words
- A teacher works as a partner with parents, families, and community.
- A teacher creates and maintains a learning environment in which all students are actively engaged and contributing members.
- A teacher facilitates, monitors, and assess student learning.
- A teacher knows the teacher’s content area and how to teach it.
- A teacher teaches students with respect for their individual and cultural characteristics.
- A teacher understands how students learn and develop, and applies that knowledge in the teacher’s practice.