Tags » Treaties

Treaties & International Organizations

Okay. Okay. I did not post last week. But, I stand by my earlier assertion that I did not want to be held to the one-post-per-week requirement (even though it’s one I put on myself). 1,401 more words

Independent Study

How do you think Native Americans are being treated?

It seems like hate, prejudice, discrimination, and xenophobia has been engrained in white-America since the day English settlers stepped foot in this land, since they escaped religious discrimination in England and wanted to form a new society where they could be free and accepted, where they fought against imposing taxes and unjust laws and gained independence, where they wanted to thrive without being persecuted. 113 more words

The 1% will own more wealth than the rest of the world's 99 percent—by next year

The one percent are set to own over 50 percent of the world’s wealth sometime next year if current trends continue, according to a new report by Oxfam, a poverty fighting group. 313 more words

ALL PEOPLE SHOULD HAVE EQUAL RIGHTS

“If the white man wants to live in peace with the Indian he can live in peace. There need be no trouble. Treat all men alike. 594 more words

Sanders Fights the TPP

Senator Bernie Sanders is fighting to stop the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade agreement.

  • Sanders wrote a forceful letter to U.S. Trade Representative Michael Froman demanding the release of the TPP trade agreement text.
  • 383 more words
Sen. Bernie Sanders

Tanya reblogged this on Illuminate.

Letter: Canada's role in the world

Re: Canada on sidelines as UN arms treaty comes into effect, Dec. 27.

It seems like the Conservative government is being duplicitous in its foreign policy with regard to the sale of arms. 235 more words

Stephen Harper