Barrenness is unpleasant. When creativity dries up it seems impossible to get it back, to return to a place of nutrient-rich dirt for growing ideas. I find that with writing, it can take time before I start working on something. 681 more words
Many words are said and written down in the world, but how many are inspired by wisdom? +
- Words in the world
- The Tongue an Outlet
- Loving the Word
- Answering a fool according to his folly
- Honour your own words as if they were an important contract
- Think before you speak
- A tongue to speak slowly and well-considered
- For attractive lips, speak words of kindness
- Growth in character
- Aim High: Examples of Godly Characters to follow
- How should we preach?
- The radiance of God's glory and the counsellor
- A Living Faith #2 State of your faith
- Feed Your Faith Daily
- Trusting, Faith, calling and Ascribing to Jehovah #3 Voice of God #5 To meditate and Transform
- Bible a guide – Bijbel als gids
- Happy who's delight is only in the law of Jehovah
- A Bible Falling Apart Belongs to Someone who isn't
- Truth never plays false roles of any kind, which is why people are so surprised when meeting it
- Wisdom lies deep
- Those who make peace should plant peace like a seed
- Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience
- Prophets making excuses
- Proverbs 1 (chaptersone.wordpress.com) Proverbs 1:1-6 describes the purpose of the book of Proverbs: to attain wisdom, discipline, insight, prudence, rightness, justice, fairness, discretion, guidance, learning, and understanding. Verse 7 seems to use the term “knowledge” as a synonym of wisdom saying “the fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge”. And verse 33 says “whoever listens to [wisdom] will live in safety and be at ease, without fear of harm.” Very often each verse of Proverbs is a mini-sermon by itself, with a line about wisdom beside a line about foolishness. For example, Proverbs 10:14, “Wise men store up knowledge, but the mouth of a fool invites ruin.” A good habit would be to read one verse of Proverbs a day, and meditate on it.
- Weekend Wisdom: Live In Peace With One Another (joyreturns.com)
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.Jimi Hendrix
- The Wisdom of Peace (whyjesusministries.wordpress.com)
James 3:17 (NIV)17 But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere.
- Weekend Wisdom: Be Devoted To One Another (joyreturns.com)
Faith is the first factor in a life devoted to service. Without it, nothing is possible. With it, nothing is impossible.Mary McLeod Bethune
- A Practical And Experiential Overview of Romans by Robert Haldane (ilyston.wordpress.com) The attributes of God, especially His holiness and justice, when viewed through any other medium than that of the Gospel, strike terror into the heart of man, and lead him, like Adam, to hide himself among the trees of the garden. But these attributes, in themselves so terrible to the guilty, are, through the merciful appointment of the mediation of our heavenly Surety, pledged for the deliverance of the Christian, and for his eternal salvation.
- Several quotes about wisdom. (closetoeighty.wordpress.com) Wisdom consists of the anticipation of consequences. ~Norman Cousins
- 03 March 16, 2014, Proverbs 8-9 & James 3, Listen To Wisdom's Invitation (slideshare.net)
- Being sure of their deliverance (christadelphianworld.blogspot.com) They were sure that the divine Creator was with them and would continuously guide them through easy but also through difficult times.
- Holding Fast the Name of Jesus (jlue.wordpress.com)
- God?...Dis is Larry. (pastij.wordpress.com) I am just beginning to iron out my thoughts, and eventually, to be able to think this through with more of a clear-mind, and not just dozens of Christian clichés that don’t give adequate explanation for what I am doing. I want a solid foundations, and not that I don’t think that clichés aid in understanding, because I think that underneath the cliché is wisdom. I want to dig down to get the gold. Wisdom is better than gold. I want to use my mind, not to explain God as a scientist explains matter, I think its more like a child trying to explain his father. I can’t do it. But I will try. Yes, God’s wisdom is not wisdom as the world sees it. And it is true that “God uses the foolish things of the world to shame the wise”. BUT, this does not mean that God’s wisdom does not make sense. In fact, it makes perfect sense, unlike my explanation of it, which can never be perfect. If this is confusing to you, don’t stress. It is confusing to me as well, but I do believe that I am going somewhere with this, though I may not know where. Everything that I understand about God has been taught to me by people in my life. These people were taught by people as well. The reason that I trust them? Well, it is difficult to explain, but I want to try, because there is a reason that makes sense, I just haven’t been able to put it into words yet. The fact that there is some consistency in what I have been taught is comforting, and the belief in the Word of God as authoritative gives me a foundation to build from. That being said, many people who treat the Bible with authority have a lot of crazy ideas that do not make sense. For example, the Klu Klux Klan and the Westboro Baptist Church. So then, there is this other factor called interpretation. This is more of the beginning of a discussion than it is me trying to explain anything.