Tags » Ad Revenue

CBC ad revenue 1/10th as planned on its music station

The CBC raised $1.1 million in revenue from ad sales on the two music-focused networks in the 2014 broadcast year, according to the CRTC’s annual report on the financial results of Canadian commercial radio stations. 31 more words

Other Stuff

This Week In F*ck You: All The Haters Pt. 1

Haters. You know the type. They latch onto anything and just want to tear it down for a good reason. Well, I for one am sick of it. 277 more words

KSK

Jared Paul Stern's last time in print or how money won the ad wars

Boring is good for ad sales: Over the next couple of years digital ad money will top 30% of advertising spent in Canada (the other 70% is split between TV, radio, magazines, newspapers, outdoor and in venue media (like urinal stalls)). 728 more words

Anhtu Phuc Hoang

Facebook partners with 9 news outlets for ‘Instant Articles’

TORONTO – Facebook has partnered with nine media outlets, including The New York Times and Buzzfeed, to create fast-loading articles published directly to the social network’s mobile news feed. 530 more words

Tech

20 Things You Din't Know Snot Could Be Used For; like clickbait

There is a frightening trend taking over the internet. One that any Facebook user will fall prey to it at some point during the day. An eye catching title with a shocking photo, something like an infant’s snot-covered face with the tag line “20 things you didn’t know boogers are useful for.” To think, this entire time, you were rocketing useful stuff from your nostrils on the daily. 684 more words

Free Thought

From Cyberbully Victim to YouTube Star: The Rise of Bethany Mota

How would you like to earn an estimated half million dollars a year from making YouTube videos? That’s exactly what Bethany Mota has done! When Bethany was just 12 years old she, like many young teenagers, became a victim of cyberbullying and consequently suffered from anxiety and depression. 448 more words

Tech News

The Future of Google (Spoiler: It’s Pretty Bright)

I’ve just finished a piece on Google’s uncertain future. Bit odd, you might think, given it’s one of the world’s biggest and most profitable companies. 477 more words