Tags » Buying

Consumer Protection from Irresponsible Mortgage Practices

Congress enacted the Dodd-Frank Act in 2010 in response to the mortgage crisis that led to America’s Great Recession.  The two parts that apply closely to homebuyers are the Ability-to-Repay (ATR) and Qualified Mortgages (QM). 249 more words

News Feed

CRUSADER GUIDE TO PROTECTING YOUR TECH: wise up on the policies before buying insurance

If you have a costly device or multiple ones, you could find it better to take out standalone cover as the protection you may have through any home insurance you have is likely to be restricted, not just to the location but the kind of failure too. 11 more words

All News

5 Tips for Choosing a Home Inspector

You’ve finally done it! You have a house under contract and you’re doing the paperwork to get your mortgage lined up. When your Realtor calls to ask you who you want to use for your home inspection, you freeze. 658 more words

Tips

Lake Oswego Real Estate The CIDA Report When Buying A Condo

Last week I attended a training session for my real estate license renewal.  While I attend training classes all year long, I took this class specifically to add to the 30 hours of continuing education needed for my real estate renewal by the end of October 2018.  765 more words

Betty Jung

Real Estate (Equity)

What is equity?

Well, let’s say you have a house

(Here’s a lovely representation of one)

Let’s say this house is valued at £100,000. You put a down payment on the house, which is at minimum of 5% so using this lovely house as an example you would have put down 5,000 (5%) and the bank (lender) will put up the other 95% (£95,000), which you’ll begin paying off (the mortgage). 291 more words

Writing

Greenwich Weekend Open Houses, September 15-16, 2018

The Fall Real Estate Market continues its march. 115 Open Houses this weekend with 12 on Saturday and 103 on Sunday. The prices range from a rental at $4,450 to a sale for $6.995,000.   851 more words

Real Estate

The Perks of Buying a Home in the Fall

Editor’s Note: This post was originally published on September 16, 2015. Housecall continues to share this piece due to ongoing requests and reader interest.

As we close out a summer marked by  349 more words

Real Estate