Tags » Carrie Lukas

Do men get higher pay than women?

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, full-time working women earned 81 percent of what full-time working men earned in 2010 (the most recent data available), leaving a “gap” of 19 percent between the sexes.

128 more words

Paycheck Fairness Act Proponents Are Only Playing Politics

By Carrie Lukas | Townhall.com | May 30, 2012

When the Senate comes back in session next week, expect an extra dose of preening about the noble cause of protecting women from the discrimination that plagues workplaces across America. 717 more words

Gender Politics

Carrie Lukas, Leo Gerard, & Bernie Sanders Join Thom Today On The Thom Hartmann Show!

Hour One: Rally against “Austerity American Style” Senator Bernie Sanders (I-VT)

Hour Two: Is Facebook co-founder an American hero or anti-American?  Carrie Lukas, Independent Womens Forum… 13 more words

On The Show

Thom Discusses Obama's Address, Women In America, & The Union's Strike In Illinois, Today On The Thom Hartmann Show!

Hour One: Latest on President Obama and gay marriage…

Hour Two: Don’t moms deserve a safety net too?  Carrie Lukas, Independent Womens Forum

Hour Three: Latest on the Caterpillar strike in Joliet, IL – … 6 more words

On The Show

'Paycheck Fairness' Will Mean a Pay Cut for Men

“Statistics about young men’s troubling prospects…should encourage greater awareness of how policies sold as protecting women can be used to bludgeon men….”


674 more words
Gender Politics

Thom Weights In On Right Wing Trickery, Hospital Hiring Practices, & Oil Speculators Today On The Thom Hartmann Show!

Hour One: Republican dirty tricks…

Hour Two: Should hospitals ban obese employees?  Carrie Lukas, Independent Womens Forum

Hour Three: President Obama takes on the oil speculators

On The Show

The stark reality of the federal debt

There’s not enough sugar to coat this with to make it taste sweet:

Politicians generally know the importance of translating complicated policy into language that non-wonks can understand. 

174 more words