It has often been heard in our society that no good has come from independence as conditions of ‘The People of India’ has not changed and still remains vulnerable. 820 more words
Tags » Constitution Of India
It provided for a new legislative council of Governor General comprising of 6 new members called Legislative Councilors.
This council later came to be known as Indian Legislative Council… 46 more words
- It made the governor general of Bengal as the Governor of India and his council as the Indian council
- The governor general council consisted of executive and legislative functions… 43 more words
- Also called as East India Company Act 1813
- It renewed the charter of East India company for a further 20 years .
- Company’s commercial monopoly was ended… 26 more words
- It was introduced to remove the drawbacks of the Regulating Act, 1773 and was named after the British Prime Minister William Pitt
- The act placed the Indian affairs under the direct control of the British Government. 74 more words
- Passed by the British Parliament to control and regulate the affairs of East India Company’s territories in India .
- It designated the Governor of Bengal as Governor-General of Bengal. 62 more words