Tags » Consumer Product Safety Commission

Home cooking fires peak on Thanksgiving; Stay safe with these tips

SALT LAKE CITY — Thanksgiving is the peak day for home cooking-related fires, and research shows unattended cooking was by far the top contributing factor in cooking fires and fire deaths, according to the National Fire Protection Association. 398 more words

News

Hoverboards From 7 Manufacturers Recalled; Lithium-Ion Battery Could Catch Fire, Explode

LOS ANGELES (CBSLA) — Nearly 14,000 hoverboards from seven different manufacturers are being recalled due to fire and explosion hazards.

The lithium-ion battery packs in all these hoverboards can overheat and are at risk of smoking, catching fire and/or exploding, according to the Consumer Product Safety Commission. 102 more words

News

Kidde Recalls Fire Extinguishers with Plastic Handles Due to Failure to Discharge and Nozzle Detachment: One Death Reported

Consumers should immediately contact Kidde to request a free replacement fire extinguisher and for instructions on returning the recalled unit, as it may not work properly in a fire emergency. 77 more words

Consumer Alerts

Feds Launching Massive Recall Of 40 Million Kidde Fire Extinguishers

DETROIT (AP) — More than 40 million fire extinguishers in the U.S. and Canada are being recalled because they might not work in an emergency. 122 more words

News

Fisher-Price Recalls 63K Infant Motion Seats Over Fire Hazard

If you’ve got one of those infant motion seats intended to soothe a baby with gentle swaying or bouncing, you probably want to pay attention: Fisher-Price is recalling 63,000 Soothing Motion Seats over a potential fire hazard. 206 more words

Quality & Safety

Despite New Safety Rules, Family Says Two Of Its Hoverboards Caught On Fire

While the craze surrounding hoverboards may have died down, that doesn’t mean the self-balancing scooters are any safer. To that end, a Wisconsin family says they recently experienced not one, but two hoverboards that caught on fire. 540 more words

Retail Services

"Dad, it's blowing up!" Family concerned after 2 hoverboards explode at their home

CALEDONIA — When David Cottrell purchased a new hoverboard for his nine-year-old son, it was a hit.  Until a week-and-a-half later, when the hoverboard caught fire. 707 more words

Contact 6