Tags » Core Vocabulary

For the LOVE of CORE Day 7: Check THIS Pinterest Page

February 7, 2014

Do you Pinterest?  Do you use those ‘Pin This’ buttons when browsing the internet?  There is a Pinterest that should be of most interest to you if AAC, Assistive Technology, iOS apps and more ring your bell. 354 more words

Autism

For the LOVE of CORE Day 6: See THIS Blog...PrAACtical AAC

February 6, 2014

One of my absolutely favorite blog and web resources is PrAACtical AAC. Created in 2012 by two master professors of speech and language pathology:   260 more words

Autism

For the LOVE of CORE Day 5: Core Word Sentence Building with Clicker Apps

February 5, 2014

Crick Software out of the UK has been making Clicker software to aid in reading and writing instruction for many years. You can actually try… 481 more words

Autism

28 Words to Boost Your Client's Vocabulary - Maximum Bang for Buck

When developing a vocabulary set for an augmented and alternative communication (AAC) system – or indeed when deciding on what vocabulary to teach anyone – one of the most fundamental of measures you can use is… 1,643 more words

Language

For the LOVE of CORE Day 4: Core Language Lesson Resources from Tobii DynaVox

February 4, 2014

If you are looking for some ideas and lesson plans for implementing more core words into communication practice, this post is for you.   328 more words

Autism

For the LOVE of CORE Day 3: Model Model Model

February 3, 2014

Yesterday I saw this powerful graphic from one my favorite AAC blogs and facebook pages:  Kreed’s World (If you have never ‘met’ this brilliant mom and son duo via social media, you should go and bookmark their blog and like their facebook page right now!).   227 more words

Autism

For the LOVE of CORE Day 2: That Fringe Might Be My Core

February 2, 2014

In the previous post we discussed core vocabulary (common short words that are used frequently and make up about 80% of the words we usually use to communicate with) while lending a slight nod to the other 20% of output known as  248 more words

Autism