- Paper title: Terrestrial, Habitable-Zone Exoplanet Frequency from Kepler
- Authors: Wesley A. Traub
- First Author’s Institution: Jet Propulsion Laboratory, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA… 954 more words
Tags » Daily Paper Summaries
Paper title: Searching for star-planet magnetic interaction in CoRoT observations
Authors: A. F. Lanza
First author’s affiliation: NAF-Osservatorio Astrofisico di Catania
Introduction: This paper investigates the interaction between close-in (semimajor axis a<0.15AU) massive planets (a.k.a. 797 more words
- Paper title: The First High Redshift Quasar from Pan-STARRS
- Authors: Eric Morganson, Gisella De Rosa, Roberto Decarli, Fabian Walter, Ken Chambers, Ian McGreer, Xiaohui Fan, William Burgett, Heather Flewelling, Klaus Hodapp, Nick Kaiser, Eugene Magnier, Paul Price, Hans-Walter Rix, Bill Sweeney, Christopher Waters… 904 more words
Ultra-Luminous X-ray Sources and Intermediate Mass Black Holes: A lost middle sibling in the black hole family tree?
* Paper title: Optical Emission of the Ultraluminous X-Ray Source NGC 5408 X-1: Donor Star or Irradiated Accretion Disk?
* Authors: F. Grisé, P. Kaaret, S. 821 more words
* Paper title: Interpreting supernovae observations in a lumpy universe
* Authors: Chris Clarkson et al.
* First author’s affiliation: University of Cape Town
Distant objects race away from us at ever-faster speeds, a cosmological expansion of space itself driven by dark energy ( 904 more words