Tags » Daniel Kahneman

Thinking Fast, and Slow

Thinking Fast, and Slow by Daniel Kahneman

Synopsis: In the international bestseller, Thinking, Fast and Slow, Daniel Kahneman, the renowned psychologist and winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics, takes us on a groundbreaking tour of the mind and explains the two systems that drive the way we think. 251 more words


Le' Notes #20: Heuristics and biases

This post serves as an introduction to the heuristics and biases school (HB) and how it might be applied in assessing war decisions.

One of the features of the naturalistic decision-making (NDM) school is their belief that people can be trained to make better decisions by becoming experts and developing better mental models. 1,306 more words

Academic Notes

If you're not aware of your unconscious bias, you're holding yourself back

Hi I’m John, and I’m biased.

I am not the only one. You are too.

In fact all human beings are born with a set of biases and mental shortcuts that help us survive and deal with the world around us. 228 more words

Course Content

Intelligence is not only the ability to reason; it also the ability to find relevant material in memory and to deploy attention when is needed.

Daniel Kahneman

Daniel Kahneman

Book Review - Thinking, Fast and Slow

Thinking, Fast and Slow – Daniel Kahneman

My Rating – Put it on your list

Level – moderate to difficult read, it is well written but some of the concept are tough, fairly long, but ready a little quicker then the 400+ pages… 577 more words

Book Review

Conjunction Fallacy

One of the central assumptions of mainstream economics has been that people make rational choices.  As a challenge to this assumption, Nobel prize winning behavioural economist Prof. 279 more words

Logical Fallacies

Let your Profits run and cut your Losses short

In one classic experiment conducted by Daniel Kahneman and Amos Tversky, pioneers in the field of prospect theory, subjects were given a hypothetical choice between a sure $3,000 gain versus an 80% chance of a $4,000 gain and a 20% chance of not getting anything. 193 more words

Behavioral Finance