Tags » Data Theft

No need to panic, debit cards are safe: Finance Minstry

“Only about 0.5 percent of total debit card details were compromised while remaining 99.5 percent cards are completely safe and bank customers should not panic,” Department of Financial Services Additional Secretary G C Murmu told PTI. 412 more words

Pakistan's cyber war more about propaganda than data theft

There has been an escalation of tensions between India and Pakistan and the same can be witnessed on the cyberspace as well. In fact it was the hackers from Pakistan who launched a major offensive on Indian websites in the aftermath of the September 29 surgical strikes. 45 more words

Vicky Nanjappa

The 3 Causes of Data Breaches — and How to Prevent Them

Security breaches have become a weekly occurrence in the news cycle, which has caused businesses to start asking questions. How are they happening? Is my business at risk? 800 more words

Security News

Malware in Libya: Book of Eli - African targeted attacks

This blog post describes details that we discovered during our analysis of malware that focuses on a specific country — Libya. The malware has existed since at least 2012, with threat actors using it for mass-spreading malware campaigns and for ongoing targeted attacks. 954 more words

Security News

Concordia University data theft: Police search for two suspects

Montreal police are asking for the public’s help in identifying two suspects wanted in connection with the theft of computer data at Montreal’s Concordia University. 179 more words


My NCT and Privacy Issues


I’ve been on social media since about 2007… I started on myspace because that’s what people at school were on and how they were connecting. 287 more words


Cyber security alert … There are only two kinds, which one are you?

Thank you to article author Linda Drake of Trailblazer Advisors and to Inside Tucson Business for allowing us to republish this article on our blog. 1,165 more words

Fraud Protection