Tags » Deer&Doe

Two Skirts, Three Hours

I have been sewing up a storm this long weekend (possibly literally, there is a torrential downpour occuring outside as I type), which is just as well because I was feeling a bit on the out with my sewing machine after a few recent mishaps. 587 more words

Sewing

Finished Red Deer&Doe Bleuet. With deer fabric.

Just popping some photo’s here. Will show details later.
pattern is Bleuet Dress from Deer&Doe
adjustments: FBA; considerable grading of the seams for less flare; zipper in de sideseam; a pocket in the other side seam; no collar; no sleeves; use of biaisband to finish raw edges. 37 more words

Finished

Indie4Less: Chardon Skirt by Deer and Doe

The Deer&Doe Chardon is an oldie but goodie (full disclosure: one of the SSSF team has a bit of a crush on this pattern), with a good reputation and an average indie price tag. 156 more words

Indie4Less

Festive sewing part 1: Party Dress!

Warning: This post contains an excessive amount of sparkle.

For the first time in six years, I get a holiday over The Holidays! I’m really looking forward to it, I’ve worked either Christmas or New Year for the last several years (the joys of working in a 24/7 job!), but now that I’ve sold my soul and gone to work in the private sector, we get to close for several weeks over the festive season. 639 more words

Sewing

#sitaspastonplantaintucrains - défi !

Grâce à Ségocinelle et à son défi lançé #siitaspastonplantaintucrains, j’ai enfin réalisé ma Plantain, ce patron gratuit de chez Deer&Doe.

Ce haut en jersey, basique de la garde-robe, attendait d’être confectionné depuis quelques mois. 297 more words

Sewing/couture

Aubergine Aubépine

I had been wanting to sew the Aubépine dress in this fabric for a little over a year. I got the fabric at a swap last year and even though I didn’t like its colour, a very pale yellow, I thought it would be perfect for the dress once I had dyed it a beautiful purple. 541 more words

FO

The Last Summer Dress

According to my Instagram, I started sewing this Centaurée dress at the beginning of July, and I finished it two weeks ago. Two months from start to finish, wow… It didn’t help that I spent three weeks away from my sewing machine of course, but still; I couldn’t bear seeing it hang unfinished in my sewing space anymore! 419 more words

FO