The morning of 2 June 1866 was hot and humid as the volunteers of the Queen’s Own and 13th Battalion marched down main street of Ridgeway, Ontario towards battle with the invading Fenian Army. 336 more words
Tags » Exhibits
August 29 – September 17 www.Santa-Elena.org
Join us for a variety of special programs and presentations in the Lecture Room of the Santa Elena History Center meet characters from our past, dive into the layers of the Santa Elena story, learn about the scientific aspect of archaeology, meet special guests in Beaufort, and much more! 10 more words
Quarterly e-Newsletter for Friends of Santa Elena
Fort San Marcos Discovery is BIG news!
The Beaufort Chamber of Commerce estimates that over 1.3 billion impressions were made around the globe with the discovery of Fort San Marcos by Dr. 559 more words
Due to scheduled staff absences, the Beaufort District Collection has some schedule adjustments for August 2016.
We have a small panel exhibit “The Pollitzer Family” on loan from the South Carolina Historical Society on display in the 2nd floor gallery just outside the BDC’s Research Room door. 91 more words