This Illinois Economic Policy Institute (ILEPI) Economic Commentary fact-checks the Illinois Policy Institute’s recent article on job growth in Illinois. 34 more words
Tags » Fact Check
Fact Check Regarding UH Publication: Mauna Kea telescope in line with Hawaiian values - Opinion - Ka Leo O Hawaii
In a recent interview, Prime Minister Narendra Modi claimed full credit for transferring LPG subsidies directly to consumers. He also took a potshot at the Congress Party, saying that “the so-called pro-poor have been just repeating that there is leakage in subsidy”, implying that his government had done all the heavy lifting here. 261 more words
- The claim: Nationals Senator Bridget McKenzie says most guns used in crime are illegally imported rather than coming from licensed owners.
- The verdict: ABC Fact Check could find no study or evidence that proved the majority of guns used to commit crimes are illegally imported.
- The claim: Prime Minister Tony Abbott says the Coalition announced plans to stop new mothers “double dipping” on paid parental leave before the 2013 election.
- The claim: Treasurer Joe Hockey says abolishing negative gearing could push up rents, because that’s what happened in the 1980s.
- The verdict: During the period negative gearing was abolished rents notably increased only in Sydney and Perth.