Tags » Filey

Yawl ‘Dorothy’

Captain Syd has Dorothy in his database, registered as SH 142, and built in Scarborough by T. W. Walker in 1883. She was 63’7 long, lute stern, weighed 44 tons and worked out of Hull initially (H1348) before being brought “home” in 1891.   296 more words

Filey

Gas Attack, 1915

The Battle of St. Julien began on the morning of 24th April 1915 with the German army firing chlorine gas canisters at Canadian forces to the west of the village. 354 more words

Filey

Lay Lady, Lay

In the 1870s most Filey folk were dreaming of a Harbour of Refuge. Some also pointed out the desperate need for a seawall to prevent further erosion of the crumbling cliffs. 738 more words

Filey