Tags » Finished Project

Carolyn sews the Carolyn Pajamas - finished!

Winter is coming, and now I have a cozy new pair of flannel pajamas to enjoy the cold weather in style!  I never thought it would take me over three months to complete this project, but if life is going to get all up in my grill, the least it can do is give me a new pair of fancy PJs in the process.   1,020 more words


Cheers!: Part 2 

I’m so excited to talk about the goblets that I’ve finally finished. It took a while for them to be fired but it was worth the wait! 162 more words

Where Creativity Works

In the Nick of Time

I continued working on the over-ambitious baby dress… and I finished it at the last possible moment that I could do so. I was that person at the birthday party with an unfinished project in her tote bag, sitting at the table and sewing nonstop. 225 more words


My Progress on my Christmas Gift To-Make List

Good morning (or afternoon/evening/night depending where in the world you are).

Today I want to share with you my Christmas to-make list progress. I’m not too worried if the intended giftees see these, as they won’t know who they are for until the big day … plus I’m not sure they all read this blog so I reckon I’m pretty safe. 659 more words


The Literal Renaissance Gollar

Years ago, when I was first starting to get interested in historical clothing, and attempting to recreate it with my then-limited skill set, I splurged on about five yards of beautiful cranberry wool and made myself a Gothic Fitted Dress. 314 more words

German Renaissance

Lighthouse Lens Placemats

I really enjoyed making the Lighthouse Lens set of 8 quilted placemats, and I am happy to show off their finish today.

My table can comfortably seat 6, but I was able to get all 8 set across the table to get a feel for how they look as a group. 209 more words

Quilted Placemats