- QuantumGIS – or QGIS for short – is an open source GIS -software that works with several database management systems
- PostgreSQL+PostGIS are also open source and widely used… 376 more words
Tags » GIS
GO TO THE BLOG’S DEMO VIDEO PAGE AND WATCH THE YOUTUBE VIDEO DEMO
The demonstration will simply show how to place a buffer zone around a feature layer and the practical application of using GIS to estimate the effect of a flood when the dam water are released. 263 more words
So, among some of the headaches I have had this week was trying to solve this error that I together with my fellow developers received insistingly from geodjango Layermapping utility. 1,114 more words
– Place a buffer zone of 1000m around a polygon feature layer- dam.
– Convert the buffer zone layer to KML format.
– Open the Buffer zone.kml in Google Earth Pro so as to assess the physical environment that falls inside the buffer zone layer. 235 more words