In April 1866, Chobham Church opened again after being closed for restoration.
Charles Cracklow. St Lawrence, Chobham, before the restoration of 1866.
Julia Bathurst was present and may well have compared the newly spacious ancient building, now unencumbered by galleries, and opened to the north by a new aisle, with the church she was planning at Valley End. 524 more words