Tags » Grants

Grantwriting: The 40% Proposition

Each fall, I teach a course on foundation and corporate grants as part of Columbia University’s Masters in Fundraising Management program. In our first class, after the usual introductions, I tell my students the following: “60% of writing a grant proposal involves following the instructions; the other 40% involves choosing your words, choosing your approach and making the right connection with the reader — that’s the fun part!” 381 more words

Marijuana and the Brain Briefing


This Tuesday, May 12, join us on Capitol Hill for a public luncheon briefing about marijuana and the brain. Top experts in the
field will speak about medicinal marijuana and the drug’s effect on the brain, as well as research on the impact of state marijuana policies. 125 more words

Events

2015 Request for Capacity-Building Proposals for Community-Based Immigrant Organizations

The Fund for New Citizens: Capacity-Building for Community-Based Immigrant Organizations

The Fund for New Citizens, established in 1987, is a collaborative of foundations that assists immigrants and organizations working on their behalf in New York City. 601 more words

Community Resources

Event: Consolidated Funding Application Workshop

From our friends at Empire State Development:

The first of three Consolidated Funding Application (CFA) workshops is scheduled to be held on Wednesday,  May 6, 2015 at the Empire State Plaza Convention Center in Albany. 

58 more words
Resources For Nonprofit Organizations

One community's dogged determination removes 90 unclaimed vessels

By: Kim Albins and Leah Henry

MOBILE, ALABAMA — Project partners tripled their intended removal of 24 to 36 high priority abandoned and derelict vessels (ADVs) and were able to remove 90 ADVs! 351 more words

Marine Debris

People Give to People, not Proposals

Heather Stombaugh, MBA, CFRE, GPC, Grants Counsultant – HUB International

Grant writers frequently chuckle about being “little writer monkeys.” That is to say, as grant writers we’re often at our desks for hours at a time, listening to classic rock and churning out power words and Logic Models to craft compelling proposals. 396 more words

Good Development

future organic farmer grant opportunity

California Certified Organic Farmers (CCOF) is offering a series of grants in three educational categories in 2016: K-8, high school, and vocational and higher education. The goal is to support education to meet the rising demand for organic farmers and entrepreneurs. 10 more words

California