Tags » Homeless

Canada takes steps to reduce homelessness

Newsroom24x7 Staff

Ottawa: Canada on Monday (26 September) launched two calls for proposals to allow a wide range of organizations and stakeholders to develop and test innovative approaches to prevent and reduce homelessness… 217 more words

World

To be black and homeless in Oakland

“To be a poor man is hard, but to be a poor race in a land of dollars is the very bottom of hardships.”

-WEB Dubois… 258 more words

Blogs

Tireless Stockton 209 Cares volunteers the only lifeline for many homeless

Source: Recordnet.com / Joe Goldeen

By midday Sunday it’s hot for late September, but a light breeze makes it tolerable.

The line of 4×4 pickups and SUVs loaded down with food, cold water and personal hygiene items pulls over to the side of a seemingly quiet stretch of roadway on the outskirts of downtown Stockton; no traffic, no one in sight. 286 more words

In Our Communities

Котките на България (The Cats of Bulgaria)

On a recent trip to Bulgaria, I met many homeless cats on the lookout for their next meal, or simply somewhere warm to curl up…

Photography

City Shuts Down Homeless Tent City In Uptown

CHICAGO (CBS) — Several homeless people who were camped out in a tent city in the Uptown neighborhood were looking for a new place to live, after city workers shut it down Monday morning. 265 more words

News

City Lights

Early morning, the sun has gently started to paint the sky in light pastel colours. Traffic Lights are playing solitaire in changing from red to green at different speeds. 378 more words

Interaction

Homelessnes

In England there is approximately 158,000 people homeless each year, and 80% of homeless are male and the other 20% is female and the main reason why the male percentage is so high is because of marriage and relationship breakdowns. 1,579 more words