Tags » Income Disparity

March 2, 2018

Perspective

Economist – The hidden cost of congestion – Daily Chart 2/28

  • “In rich countries, city-dwellers lose nearly $1,000 a year while sitting in traffic.”
  • 1,334 more words

“Shart Tank”?

I’ll break from the political commentary for a moment to share this:

Have you ever seen a “shart tank”? I haven’t. But I suspect seeing one –especially in person – could be a rather smelly proposition. 118 more words

Income Disparity

Millennials Are Making Less Money Than The Previous Generation

Millennials in their early 30s earn less than their counterparts in the preceding generation, according to a new study.

Millennials on average make 4% less than people in Generation X did when they were the same age, according to the… 101 more words

Careers

While we were distracted, look what oozed in through the keyhole - by musingsofanoldfart

Our friend Keith Wilson wrote this post a couple of weeks ago … 05 February … and I meant to re-blog it when I first read it.  304 more words

Political Commentary

The median ratio was 140:1 - American CEOs earnings vs their rank-and-file workers

The median ratio was 140:1 – American CEOs earnings vs their rank-and-file workers

Reporter: Aviva Lev-Ari, PhD, RN

What American CEOs earn compared with their rank-and-file workers… 239 more words

Income Disparity

How Kind, Mr. Ryan ...

Paul Ryan’s net worth is reported to be $7 million.  Not a lot by the standards of the top 1%, but a figure that is beyond imagining for most of us … the other 99%.  911 more words

Political Commentary

HI legislators must act now in the face of Trump tax cuts for the rich, and assault on the safety net for the most vulnerable

The OpEd below was first published in the Honolulu Star Advertiser, April 25, 2017 and republished on this blog with permission. As the 2018 Hawai‘i state legislature convenes, it is worth remembering that our new Gilded Age is a call to do everything we can at the local level to alleviate the misery writ large on our streets. 907 more words

I BLOG