The road to achievement and success is a hard journey to choose. You have to consistently put in the work day after day. You have to make the next right decision time after time. 641 more words
Problem solving comes with running any business. There is just no getting around it! Deal with it...Any fan of the show 'The Profit' knows majority of the issues those business owners face is the fact that their business is in turmoil due to their lack of:
Admitting there is a problem:
A problem cannot be fixed until you admit there is one. Denying one even exists continues to manifest the problem - hoping it goes away is not a strategy!
Often the most uncomfortable conversations are the most important ones to have. Remember, there are 3 forms of feedback: Good Feedback, Bad Feedback and NO Feedback. No Feedback to bad behavior is the same as Good Feedback to bad behavior
Being a good leader isn't always easy! Your actions are under a microscope when things are going bad; however, it's during these bad times when your leadership qualities need to shine the brightest.
Disciplines to Problem Solving:
- Define the problem: Get clarity. Don't jump to give a solution until you have clearly defined the problem. The more you can define a problem, the better the chances of finding an effective solution.
- Identify the Root Cause: Similar to the above, don't solve the symptom, solve the root of the problem.
- Develop possible solutions: A problem may require you to go through a number of solutions until you find the right one. Monitoring the situation and making adjustments is often needed to find the right recipe for a successful resolution.
- Define Ownership: Who is responsible for monitoring if the solution is working.
- Measuring the Solution: Unless you set a measurement for a solution, it will be difficult to identify the effectiveness. Tips on measurement can include Key Performance Indictors and building set Processes to help pinpoint where the drop-off point is happening.