Tags » Medical Certificate

Online medicine : How your smartphone can help you avoid the doctor’s waiting room

At this time of year GP surgeries are packed to the rafters with patients suffering from viral illnesses. Most people are well aware that an antibiotic won’t help a viral infection, and that the best treatment is simply time and a little TLC. 338 more words

Medical Certificate

Shift work and the online doctor

In my work as an online doctor, I have been struck by the high number of shift workers using our service. There are some obvious practical reasons for this- when a person works unsociable hours, it is always going to be difficult to access a GP during the “normal” working day. 441 more words

Medical Certificate

Viral Gastroenteritis- symptoms, treatment and online medical certificates

Viral gastroenteritis is one of the most common reasons for people to consult their doctor for advice and/or to get a medical certificate for work. It may be caused by any one of a wide variety of viruses, leading to inflammation of the stomach and intestines. 510 more words

Online Doctor

Bump in the air: Wrap-up.

When the idea of traveling to Hong Kong during my third trimester initially came up, I was hesitant. In fact, I even told Mikey that it might not be a good idea for me to tag along. 698 more words

Third Trimester

Eng1 Medical


Under MLC you are required to have a valid medical certificate recognised by the administration before you can start work at sea. The ENG1 is a basic medical examination, carried out by an MCA certified doctor, confirming that you are in a fit condition to work on board. 239 more words