Tags » Military Charities
- On 30 March 2016, the Charity Commission published a highly critical “case report” on Our Local Heroes Foundation (OLHF), a military veterans charity (registered charity number: 1142029). 201 more words
The Forgotten Heroes: charity with Ed Miliband and other MPs as patrons spends none of income on charitable activities twice – and only a tiny proportion once
- A military charity with Ed Miliband and other MPs as patrons has to date spent only a tiny proportion of its income on charitable activities. Astonishingly, nothing was spent on charitable activities for two years – financial years ending 30 April 2012 and 30 April 2014. 881 more words
- On 20 March 2016, the Mail on Sunday reported that three trustees of the charity Soldiers Off The Street have been arrested on suspicion of fraud by abuse of position: … 37 more words
- A fund set up in memory of a Liverpool soldier killed in Afghanistan isn’t a registered charity, despite apparently raising tens of thousand pounds for a group of registered charities. 689 more words
861 more words
The two top executives of Wounded Warrior Project were fired Thursday by the board of directors.
Americans donate hundreds of millions of dollars each year to the charity, expecting their money will help some of the 52,000 wounded in Iraq and Afghanistan.
- Two days after publication of my last post, Soldiers Off The Street has now changed what it says on the website about the alleged fundraising office (see para 15 in last post). 37 more words