- Final notification demarcating the Eco Sensitive Zone (ESZ) around Okhla Bird Sanctuary issued after clearance from National Board for Wild Life.
- ESZ to constitute an area up to 100 metres from the eastern, western and southern boundaries of the sanctuary. 131 more words
Tags » News Bits
- The US Environment Protection Agency (EPA) proposes to cut methane emissions from oil and gas development through regulations.
- Regulations target methane and smog-forming volatile organic compounds (VOCs) produced by oil and gas drilling operations, as well as emissions from new and modified facilities that collect, transport and store oil and gas. 140 more words
- Carbon emissions of China may be lower than prior estimates – about 14% less than 2013 estimates as per research published in Nature.
- Yet, China is not unseated as the world’s largest emitter of carbon dioxide and is still more than two-thirds higher than the US which is the second largest emitter. 105 more words
Lawmakers in Washington are beginning their August break, but not before taking care of some last-minute patchwork on an extension to the transportation bill that ensures money continues to flow to highway and transit agencies. 121 more words