Tags » News Reporting

"The bubble-headed bleach blonde comes on at 5...

What does it mean to be a news reporter these days? At the risk of sounding hopelessly old-fashioned, I think the fourth estate really may be losing its way. 545 more words

Obama’s American Graduation Initiative Raises Questions

President Barack Obama recently proposed a plan to pay for two free years of community college for all students who qualify.
His idea is to use federal funding to cover 75%, relying on the states to cover the other 25%. 691 more words

Channeling Miss Grammar

I can’t imagine I am the only one who notices a disturbing trend among news reporters and anchors. In an effort to make their copy sound active, they add “ing” to all the verbs. 191 more words

365 Day Challenge (Day Forty Two): Must See Thriller

It has been awhile since I have seen a good thriller.  In order to keep my interest, I need a movie to be well thought out and somewhat believable. 193 more words

365 Day Challenge

News Anchor for a Day

If you could be a famous person for a day, who would you be? Why?

I’d like to be Greta van Susteren for a day. I’m watching her right now, and I do most days. 333 more words

Postaday

The Fourth Estate

Tell us about a teacher who had a real impact on your life, either for the better or the worse. How is your life different today because of him or her? 653 more words

Postaday

'Tidal wave of snow' to slam Northeast

First there was “An Atmospheric River” in California a couple of months ago.  Now it is “Tidal Wave f Snow”.

Folks, sever weather is nothing to laugh about.   99 more words

Weather