Tags » Nick Bostrom
Dr. Joseph P. Farrell
March 29, 2016
If you’re like Nick Bostrom, Isaac Asimov, or (not to put myself on their level), me, you probably have a few, nay, probably many misgivings about the idea of artificial intelligence and the coming “robot revolution.” Asimov, in his typically perspicacious way, explored the ethics and moral issues of artificial intelligences and robots in his sci-fi classic, … 464 more words
- IBM Watson AI X-Prize
- From Superintelligence: Paths, Dangers, Strategies (Kindle Locations 2497-2500). Oxford University Press. Kindle Edition.
54 more words
- The orthogonality thesis holds (with some caveats) that intelligence and final goals are independent variables: any level of intelligence could be combined with any final goal.
– 3 paths … Connectionist (Neural nets), Computationalist (Symbolic), Robotics (embodied) … Uploading … big data … other paths
– intelligence explosion
Our notes compiled in prep for recording this episode. Much of this we didn’t talk about.
– Define existential threat
– Examples … simulation off, dark forest, 1,322 more words
Notes from discussion meeting September 2015, AI and philosophy
Many thanks to Annabel for leading this session and doing the research to stimulate a very interesting discussion, one that we need to revisit as many questions were raised and not tackled in depth. 683 more words