For some time I’ve wanted to learn to draft sewing patterns, having gained some practice in altering commercial patterns for a better fit.
In January, everything seemed to come together to make it possible. 215 more words
Here we go with part 2 of Victorian Dragonair! Fun fact: this wasn’t intended to be a cosplay in the beginning, just a normal 1860s evening gown, but in order to enter the SacAnime Masquerade the costume needed to be based on Japanese pop culture– so I found a Pokemon with the same color scheme and added little touches (like the feather headdress and the pearls) and turned it into a proper gijinka. 911 more words
So here is the Allspice Abounds skirt sloper. As you can see id doesn’t fit that well in the front or over the rear. A skirt must fit over the rear correctly or you won’t have a good hemline. 115 more words
So drafting the skirt was WAY easier than the bodice. I should have started there. Most of the blogs and skirt drafting were very similar so I ended up doing two that had different dart placements. 159 more words