Tags » Performance Upgrades

GSXR Throttle Bodies Stripdown

Bit of an anti-climax this job after removing the engine, but something else ticked off either way.

So that’s the throttle bodies in all their assembled glory. 344 more words

Performance Upgrades

Out with the old...

With the engine away for having the head and block refaced, it was time to bite the bullet and remove the current engine. Definitely committed to this project now! 450 more words

Performance Upgrades

Block stripdown complete

Onwards with finishing off the block today. Again following the order in the Rod’s manual to make sure it’s all done properly. First up was the removal of the oil pump. 613 more words

Performance Upgrades

Valves out

With my finger now nearly grown back after the modifications I made to it last time, I could recommence battle in the garage. This morning’s job was a pretty straight forward affair – finish the stripping of the head. 407 more words

Performance Upgrades

Cam and followers removal

This morning was one of those rare days when I achieved what I set out to do. Just! So, the head was looking like this, as left yesterday. 342 more words

Performance Upgrades

Small amount of head stripping

Ah mid-week garage time. Reminds me of the build! Got a little bit done today… luckily I hadn’t returned the impact gun after borrowing one to remove the crank nut so I was able to remove the cam pulleys. 167 more words

Performance Upgrades

Mk2 head removed

Caught an hour in the garage this afternoon and managed to remove the head from the mk2 engine. It wasn’t too involved – I’d already removed the inlet manifold. 197 more words

Performance Upgrades