- My favorite funny phrase of the week, if not the month: "Sesame Street witness protection program."
- This was the good dream, eh? Seems like this one might be worth dissecting with a therapist as well.
- I'm amazed and impressed by how detailed is your recollection of the dream; are you practiced at recording dream content right after you wake? My dreams are vivid, and increasingly realistic, enough to recall fairly well, but your telling was amazing!
- Have you ever tried interpreting your own dreams using guide materials? Typically, some insight can be gleaned, if not absolute enlightenment.
- I also love the ideas about what babies might dream. Well done.
- It takes a lot of courage to share such personal parts of yourself. Kudos and thank you.
- Your imagined explanation to the alien race is spot on and rings true for me.
- Your writing is excellent. I love how you shape the piece to come full circle back to birth, in light of death.
I guess at bottom most of us are just babies when it comes to dreaming. Helpless, vulnerable, at the mercy of the subconscious. But we can also make meaning out of it in a much more sophisticated way than the unborn ever can, even if it feels terribly inadequate. I encourage you not to give up on making some additional, positive use of your anxious dreaming. I'm still open to the notion that our dreams are just our subconscious mind's way of trying to send us an important message, or at least one worth exploring.
All of my dreams are anxiety dreams when they're not apparently meaningless bits of mundane life that I often mistake for things that really happened. Or did they? Lately, they've focused almost entirely on past situations in a way that suggests to me I have some unfinished business to resolve, whether with others or just within myself.
I have family with the ability to predict things through dreams, and a friend who can control the action in lucid dreaming. Is deja vu just the recollection of a predictive dream? Surely the space between waking and sleeping desires, fears, and memories is not such a chasm.
As an aside, this reminds me of my post about synchronicity
. What is the relationship between apparent coincidence and the subconscious?
Great work. Keep it up.