Tags » Reading Guide
1) What have you previously learned about plagiarism? What is it? Why is it bad? How should you avoid it?
2) What are the five types of “normal” plagiarism that Martin describes? 42 more words
1) What’s the difference between primary and secondary research? What are the three main methods of primary research? Have conducted research via any of these methods previously? 66 more words
1) List the communities you’re currently a member of. Then philosophize–what holds them together? What’s the glue that makes a community a community?
2) According to Swales, how is a… 43 more words
1) What’s the popular explanation outside universities for why academics suck at writing? What’s the popular answer within universities? In Pinker’s opinion, however, what are the two major contributors to the poor quality of academics’ writing? 46 more words