Tags » Stashbusting

Sunday Stash October 15, 2017

No fabric added this week. I finally figured out that using fabric isn’t the problem, it’s buying fabric faster than I can use it. I need to buy less. 143 more words


icelandic cabin sweater

I am really in to colorwork knitting at the moment, as well as stashbusting (always!) – which has resulted in this beautiful sweater! For once I have actually completed something seasonally appropriate as well – I do have a tendency to finish summer dresses in the winter and mittens in the summer. 618 more words


LMV Cliff mannenhemd

My first stash smash post and I hope to deliver a few more this month. After making four dress shirts using the Zonen09 Theo overhemd… 149 more words


Sunday Stash October 1, 2017

No fabric in or out this week.
We were on vacation and I didn’t take my sewing machine. I took the embroidered pillowcase and now the second one is finished. 134 more words


Scrappy Christmas tree

I am a co-host for the Stashbusting Sewalong Facebook group in October, along with Sonja from http://www.sewingalacarte.nl and the theme for this month is Christmas gifts and decorations. 1,191 more words


Simple Socks

Once you start wearing your own hand-knitted socks, you’ll never want to go back to machine-made, store-bought socks ever again. All that’s needed are four skinny sticks (sock needles) and a length of yarn (sock wool) then you knit round and round and round, with a few fancy turns at the heel, until you get to the end. 111 more words

New Zealand

(Un)successfully Stashbusting

What knitter doesn’t feel accomplished when they get the chance to do some stashbusting. I like to go one step farther. One of my favorite crafting traditions is running out of yarn before a project is finished. 344 more words