Tags » Strategy 2

Decision Making under Deep Uncertainty (DMDU)

The 2017 DMDU Workshop was held in Oxford from 13-15 November, at the Oxford Martin School. This is a grand building in the centre of Oxford which used to be the Indian Institute! 535 more words

SAMI Consulting

The new Aussie battlers: The context and rationale for “challenger” strategies in Australia

This post is featured on Deloitte Australia’s Strategy blog. The blog is co-authored by Kate Huggins, Michael Chen and Samantha Twibill.

Today, it is possible to interact almost exclusively with ‘challenger businesses’ in our day-to-day lives – we can fly with  1,008 more words

Business

Why the intersection of Social Media and AI signals both - promise & peril for Marketers

It’s the classic yin and yang of marketing:

Over the last decade, social media empowered brands to infinitely scale – to amass large audiences, seek virality, and communicate for minimal cost. 520 more words

The religionists are the enemies of liberty, and the friends of liberty attack religion; the high- minded and the noble advocate subjection, and the meanest and most servile minds preach independence; honest and enlightened citizens are opposed to all progress, whilst men without patriotism and without principles are the apostles of civilization and of intelligence.

91 more words
Strategy

Memories of Watts Wacker

I heard recently that futurist Watts Wacker has died. He was a leading thinker from the 1980’s onwards, using a variety of styles and images to help people and organisations think about the future. 884 more words

SAMI Consulting

The personalized customer experience at scale is the on ramp to smart, effective digital strategy. Marketers should take note.

Marketing Expert John Ellett (Forbes Columnist)  and I recently discussed the findings from an SAP Digital Executive Transformation Study conducted in partnership with Oxford Economics. The report examined the difference between leading companies (top 3%)  who were achieving significant results from their digital transformation efforts by being more profitable while growing faster than their peers ( the remaining 97%) . 473 more words

Leadership

The future of retail: You ain't seen nothing yet

For some time retail has been “omnichannel” and then “mobile first”. But mobile is moving into the maturity phase.  As one S-curve of adoption slackens off, the next one picks up.  582 more words

Retail