Tags » The BIG 3

Investigation of Artists and Sony Music

Investigation Of Artists

Labels that the following artists are on:

  1. Rihanna – Def Jam Recordings (Universal), Roc Nation (Jay-Z).
  2. Bastille – Virgin (
  3. 500 more words
Stafford 2007

The Big 3, Independent Labels and Stafford

Key Terminology:

  • Global Village
  • Web 2.0
  • Vertical Integration

Stafford 2007

“The music industry can be defined as the organisation of the various activities associated with performing and recording music and distributing access to those performances around the world. 345 more words

Stafford 2007

Sony- Record Label

Sony is one of the big 3 music labels, however the music it produces is very limited, with many artists within the same genre.

Record Labels

Which Labels are these artists signed to?

 Slipknot

Findings:

  • 6/9 (66%) of the artists were signed with small labels whose parent company was Universal Music.
  • 4/9 (44%) of these artists where signed with an Independent label, 1 of which was set up by the artist himself, but both independent labels have distribution contracts with one of the big 3.
  • 9 more words
Record Labels

The Big 3 Labels

The big 3 music companies own 80% of the music industry leaving just 20% for the independent labels.

Warner Music: Multimedia company with film production, TV studio as well as a music division. 81 more words

Record Labels

The Big 3

How well do you know your sign? Are you a Piscean who doesn’t feel like one but more like a Sagittarian or an Aquarian? Dude, you’re not crazy because humans are just simply born complicated because of the so called The Big 3 in our birth chart. 486 more words

What's Up With Your Sign