Our final costume design has been completed!!
By presenting our final design, we came across a few problems. For example, the most major one for us was the weight of the cloak. 162 more words
From the research i collected, I then preceded to design 3 costumes, based on separate characters from Aristophanes play. I chose to do the Hoopoe, the Nightingale and the Flamingo as these characters were the most interesting to me, both in how they acted and also the type of costumes they were described to be wearing. 557 more words
I started off by researching the likes of Da Vinci and Michelangelo’s drawing of the anatomy, not just human but birds as well. I gathered data on their earliest drawings of birds which included the wing structure and how the feathers covered the wing, but also plumage, claws and beaks. 188 more words
By working with Aristophanes play: The Birds, we will design a series of costumes both on paper and in 1/4 scale model form. Therefore, we will gain an understanding of the historical, contextual, and design principles relating to period costume design. 26 more words