Concealed by dense forest that invaded the bank of a murky river lies a ship, abandoned for decades. Year after year, eerie green water trickles over the rusting, forgotten piece of history. 1,401 more words
Tags » Urbex
104 more words
Originally named Kings County Asylum, it operated for 111 years (1885-1996.) When the state took it over, the name changed. For its time, it was considered quite ‘forward-thinking’ and it was a type of farming colony, allowing patients to tend the land and grow food, as a form of therapy and relaxation.
TL;DR: Dead Sears attached to a dead mall… what else is new?
History: This anchor was originally built for the Chicago-based Wieboldt’s department store, who opened in 1973 with a full-line store and in-store restaurant; remaining until that chain went under in 1986. 501 more words