Tags » Vocational Training

MITSURU OBE: Japan Rethinks Higher Education in Skills Push

Wall Street Journal — Liberal arts will be cut back in favor of business programs that emphasize research or vocational training

TOKYO—Japan is retooling its public universities, sacrificing liberal-arts programs in collaboration with a business community eager for better-skilled graduates. 53 more words

Government

Open Learning Online Courses That Are Accredited

Open Learning Distance Education Courses

that are accredited contribute greatly to the career development of many full time workers.  These are the people who cannot afford to take time off work… 199 more words

Diploma Of Vocational Education And Training (TAE50111)

Inspirational agriculture...

This is our first lot of students to complete the agricultural course we have offered. We are really proud of the current bunch of students and hope this not only inspires them to continue growing and starting up a little business, but also inspire new students to come and start the course in August.

Dan

High Inequality a Potential Blow to Economic Growth in the BRICS

By Ariel Gandolfo

According to a new Oxfam report, in 2014 the richest 1% of the world’s population owned 47% of the world’s wealth. By 2016, this same elite will own more than half, meaning that 1% of the world’s population is as wealthy as the other 99%. 598 more words

Policy Perspectives

Vietnam Manpower Skill Demands 2015

Medium skills will be in higher demand in Vietnam this year compared with low and high skills. 352 more words

Labor Force

Volvo and partners train Ethiopian students to meet technicians shortage

By THEODROS YESHIAREGA,  Correspondent   JULY 11, 2015

STOCKHOLM — The Volvo Group, in collaboration with the Swedish International Development Cooperation (Sida) and the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO), are training Ethiopian students to confront the country’s shortage of vehicle technicians, the partners announced in a statement. 277 more words

News